By Guest Blogger: Kristi Paxton
What if you truly believed you could clean your slate and start over for the year 2019?
What if you could manifest your best life?
What would give you the most purpose?
What would your list look like if you could only put 10 true intentions on it?
What if this next year could be anything you wanted it to be?
In my life I had experiences included death, disappointments, (self-imposed and from others), rejection and abandonment, but I have gratitude for each of these things though because they have made me a strong, loving and compassionate woman. This life encouraged me to design my life around my faith, health, and fitness. Staying on track is not always easy, but I give myself permission to start over every day if I need too.
I believe we can all have a clean slate, that we can all start over if we put in the work to incorporate forgiveness, unconditional love, non-judgment, compassion, mercy, and grace. The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are!
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to better prepare for a clean slate:
1. Can you dig deep, take a look inside to see what you truly believe and what your authentic self really looks like?
2. Can you give up excuses and the idea you don’t have what it takes?
3. Give up on what’s wrong and focus on what’s right?
4. Maybe free yourself from other’s opinions and judgments? Maybe confront your struggles and sit with yourself, sit with the pain and the reality of the situation.
5. Can you commit to the positive changes and habits needed in both the mind, body, and spirit to make your 2019 the best year ever?
Now, maybe take a look at some of these suggestions for a fulfilling new year of your very own design:
1. If you want to experience true happiness try becoming better skilled at recognizing new paths and a renewed appreciation for life.
2. Commit to taking care of the mind, body, and spirit to better manage stress.
3. Cultivate spirituality and have a clear direction.
4. Get involved in activities that fit your strengths, values, and lifestyle.
5. Develop and practice healthy coping skills.
6. Realize that materialism or money cannot buy happiness. It is a strong predictor for unhappiness.
7. Start making happiness a daily priority.
8. Most importantly know that happy people practice daily gratitude!
Remember, its all about the journey, not the destination.
Immerse yourself in positive thoughts, healthy habits, offer yourself the forgiveness and unconditional love you need to move forward in this new chapter and new year in your life.
Maybe even imagine yourself in a long white dress running through a field of yellow wildflowers. It looks as if the sun has set them on fire! The blaze reflects on your face with the warmth and glow of a woman experiencing her higher self. In this experience, she feels complete, whole and full of authentic joy. You are free to take yourself to this place anytime you need too.
Your slate is clean!! HAPPY 2019!
About the Author
Kristi Paxton is a 500 hour certified Vinyasa Flow Yoga Instructor, Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga Instructor as well as a Master Trainer for FiTMAT by Boga. She lives in Seacrest Beach, Florida. Follow her on Instagram.